What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New additions to the collection

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Hey, I just got my new "Big mouth" VFT in the mail yesterday. I was/am soooooooooo happy. Though what do you do when you run out of room for your plants? I have thought about this, and my answer is; make room! LOL. I post a pic later today.

I know the feeling of limited space.

Amen to that!!!!! I am currently in the process of bringing to the lab (where they still have given me permision) the plants that have been outside since May, now that we are experiencing light frosts. I have precious little space there and have convinced my wife to allow me to put some on window sills at the church, in the classrooms. I have to put them in aesthetcally pleasing containers, first.

LOL, I have even run out of containers, I have my newest flytrap wich is a 2-3 yr old seedinling in a 4-5 inch pot cause all my three inch pots have been used. Next year I'm repotting a lot of stuff thought so it should free my pots up.

Congrats Wes! Hey trade with Kayaker he sends nice pots!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I`m starting to have the problem of limited space as my gh has gotten lost in the mail(it should have come over a month ago,and the person I ordered from said the carier lost track of it):(

Where did you get the "Big Mouth" VFT? I have been looking for a website to get the from for sometime, but I've only been able to find sites willing to sell 500 at a time, I only want 1. lol

When I ran out of room for my vfts in individual pots, I put them all in a mini-bog. Much more spacially economical.
smile.gif

Buy another greenhouse (i wish).
I just put the harder ones in my greenhouse(s) and the easy ones on my windowsill.

Well I would run out of space but then I save about $15 to buy a rubbermaid container sphagnum and sand to make a new bog. That frees up some space on the windowsill.
The windowsill can get crowded, so I repot, and trade off extras. I am going to get one of those clear plastic containers at Michaels with all the dividers to hold my terrestrial utrics next.
If you do not have one, build a window shelfing unit. You can fit about three shelfs, depending what window you put in it
smile.gif

Back