What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi I an new to this awesome sight and just would like to say hi.
I normally cruse the orchid sights (2 year addiction) and have just ventured into the carnivorous addiction as well. Purchased a VFT this summer and seeds off of E-Bay that have just started to sprout.
smile_n_32.gif

I am looking for any suppliers of carnivorous plants close to Alberta Canada and also would like to make some trades orchid clones, seedlings and some VFT clones and seedlings, for some VFTs.
I would really like to get a big mouth VFT or something similar.
I will post some picks of what I have, soon.
Thanks for any info.    Stephen
Some pics
Local grocery store
Pana0017.jpg

Lill ones
Pana0018.jpg

Welcome to the forums:) This is probably the friendliest enviroment you`ll find in the subject:)

Welcome to the forum Stephen!
cool.gif

Welcome.
The addiction starts.

I suggest you run away from here as fast as you can. If you stay, you will never be able to walk past a CP display at Lowe's or Home Depot again! And not long after, you will be up to your eyeballs in CP from all over the world. And then, the final affliction---Standing on the side of a Mall driveway, holding up your sign, "Will work for CP water."

Lol.:p I should have said that!

Here's a bad macro photo of a big mouth I have (I have two this size).

vftbmtiny.jpg

It's probably smaller than you were looking for.
smile.gif

Endparenthesis age ( size) is not really my concern. I am interested in a trade, are you located in Canada.
Stephen

I'm in Virginia, USA. I can't think of any plants I want specifically except maybe a Red Dragon VFT. Feel free to make an offer. I was just going to give one of them to someone but they found a Big Mouth while they were waiting.

How does one ship something this tiny and delicate anyway?

You can`t ship plants\seeds from us to canada!

Hi and welcome to the forums.
smile.gif

Yup...everyone is right. You stick around here and you will be in big trouble! lol

I wish you luck on your plant search. People here are very generous in giving and sharing plant material but...import laws make it hard for the Canadiens. We do have some Canadien members so maybe you can connect with some of them for trades. We have foreign members from around the world.

I like orchids too, BTW.
smile.gif

Hope you have fun and make some friends here. This is the best community of folks you could ever meet.
biggrin.gif

Back