What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"doesn't need dormancy its first year"

That and my odd experiments keep doing them in! I tried putting its replacement under a pvc discharge pipe from the AC unit this summer. Three new pitcher emerged but they were all brown. The plant had been in shock, from having been in that plastic cube so long without having any trace of moisture in it. Its media was like sawdust and the biggest pitcher hit the top of the cube and continued growth in an L-shape. I haven't given up. I feel like Edison
smile.gif

Dear Mister Edison (JimScott), Remember the secret is water flowing over and through the root freely, without interference. For some reason they like this best, even though there are others who have also found suitable ways to grow Cobra's that are apart from the norm. I suggest any interested contact Jeff Dallas in Portland, Oregon, and Dean Cook In Eugene, and ask them to relate their experiences. They are two of the better Cobra growers, and I suspect PDX is good at it too, though I don't know for sure. But, being close to Dean has many advantages, like learning some new growing techniques for PDX. If there is no water flow, then the cool root, water through it several times a day, may produce a healthy crop of Cobra pitchers.

Thanks, Steve! I'll be receiving seeds some time next week. Any suggestions?

Yes! Germinate the seed and experiment.

I can appreciate that!
smile.gif

Back