What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange vft mutant

hey everyone, I recently picked up one of those little pot of horrors terrariums 8 bucks not abd huh? anyway the VFT seems to have a strange mutant leaves they are on all the leaves, the petioles have a saw-like formation, what do you guys think about it? here is a pic:
580entry_0021-med.jpg

propagate by leaf cuttings it and see if the mutation is evident in the offspring! Weird!

I think... I think mine look like that too :p (or they will when their leaves start spreading out more)

Mine do that when they come out of dormancy, and when light deprived and when its cold

That happens to almost all of my smaller vft's especially the vft's with thinner leaves. No biggie, give it good conditions and it will go away when a few leaves grow.

My Big Vigorous looks like this. I think Crested petioles looks like that as well.

Mine do that when they have there winter leaves,so probably not a mutation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter @ Feb. 19 2005,11:47)]That happens to almost all of my smaller vft's especially the vft's with thinner leaves.  No biggie, give it good conditions and it will go away when a few leaves grow.
I don't think he wants it to go away - what, we all want to see a mutant, don't we?
smile_m_32.gif

I would propagate and sell. I have that formation on my regular vft but not my little green dragons. I am waiting for my green dragons to grow. Then i will sell them and trade them.

That mutation...well more like growth defect is from lack of light and starting to come out of dormancy. If I propagated every double-trapped VFT I got it would do nothing, just irregular growth on VFTs they can be funny sometimes and very eye catching, but all that is from is coming out of dormancy.

Back