What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting problem...

So... over the course of this past winter, the maintenance crew at my apartment complex powerwashed the brick outside. Normally, this is okay - however, because the crew didn't give us warning, I was not able to protect my VFTs very well. Thus, I have reason to believe that some (not all) of my VFTs got either:

A.) Powerwash fluid on them, or...
B.) Sediment (from the brick) on them, which might contain salts(?), I'm not sure.

Does anyone think this poses a problem?

I may be just paranoid, but I wanted some others' opinions. I kept all my older VFTs and new baby VFTs under a table outside, with a tarp over the table. So, I don't think a lot of either A or B got on them, but I know some did on the VFTs around the perimeter of the table underside.

If this does pose a problem for the health of my VFTs, then I see no other option than to completely replant them in new soil (not even keeping the root ball).

Someone please tell me I'm just panicing ;)

I wouldnt worry too much..  my feeling is you are just panicing. Of course if there is damage its too late now. Id just leave them be and wait it out. If you are realy worried start flushing them with pure water... VFT's are much more resiliant than most people give them credit for.. anything they may have been exposed to is already absorbed..   just keep an eye on them and pray for the best...  I bet they will be fine...

good luck
Steve

Back