What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice pot of flytraps.....

Back in the early 90's when I was living in San Diego (actually La Mesa) I used to grow all of my CP outdoors year around on a deck.  I lived there for about 6 years.  Here is a picture of some flytraps I had growing on my deck.  I bought these in 1990 or so and this picture was taken about 1995.  There is a dime in the pot to give you an idea of the size of these babies.  When I moved to Monterey, CA I couldn't take them with me so I donated most of my collection to the SDSU greenhouses and I gave this pot flytraps to a 10 year old next door neighbor with instructions on how to care for them.  I often wonder what happened to them.  The Capensis in the pot was a voluteer from seed.

flytrap.jpg

Nice. I do not care for my VFTs. I jsut throw them in one of the bogs

I think they were all typical, by the way any of you living in Southern California, there used to be a chain Nursery by the name of Nurseryland that carried a fair amount of CP. I believe that's where I bought these flytraps.

Nurseryland is now "Armstrongs Gardens". Their headquarters is at Carlsbad. They do tend to carry very good VFTs.

Very nice(though blurry) vfts:)

Some look to be dentate-I see some open traps with no teeth.
Man, I wish I could set plants outside like that.

Cheers,

Joe

Back