Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much light do vft's need?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ Mar. 10 2005,9:23)]I used to have trouble growing VFT through the winter until I discovered that all of the VFTs that were having trouble (not growing well) were infested with mites.
    You said you used to have trouble growing them in the winter? You don't give your traps a dormancy period in the winter? Just curious. They do look great, by the way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That pic is absolutely stunning, look at the colour!

Pingman you an an inspiration to indoor growers. Do you grow all your plants indoors? Definetely growing indoors can produce plants of equal quality as outdoor plants, but I used to think that outdoor plants have the greater advantage (or at least their own) - like cheaper light, their own environment, mother nature caring for them instead of newbies accidentally killing them...but dang that pic makes it seem like mother nature is not the only one who can grow well. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been growing exclusively indoors under cool-white fluorescent lights for about 9 years now. Outdoors in my vicinity would not be a less expensive endeavor (some environmental control would always be necessary) , however, I plan to finish my greenhouse and try some "outside", at least outside the house, in the near future.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely going to have to grow mine indoors as well since the side of the building that my apartment is on receives only about 4 or 5 hours of sunlight a day right now. And even during the summer, it'll only be about 6 or 7 tops. And I'm in Pittsburgh so we have more cloudy days than sunny days around here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlyTrapNewbie @ Mar. 15 2005,2:21)]I'm definitely going to have to grow mine indoors as well since the side of the building that my apartment is on receives only about 4 or 5 hours of sunlight a day right now. And even during the summer, it'll only be about 6 or 7 tops.
    Glad to know I am not alone, and the place where grow doesn't even have winter!

Still, good luck with your indoor growing (see pic above for inspiration). [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123