What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now ones flowering

Alright, I look over my plants nearly every day (In West Mansfield, there isnt much to do). But anyway, I saw a flower bud appear today, or I'd say it was a bud. Since I'm new at this, I was wondering if you guys could help me decide if I should let it flower. Just noting, I wouldn't keep the seeds cause my box is full.
Here's a picture.

otherplant.jpg

Yea the stocks still little, I was just wondering if you seasoned vets think this one's healthy enough to flower.

If you want seed let it flower,if not clip it asap! I`m going to let my 'dentate traps' bloom and grow seed this year,But I decided to clip all my typicals,"green dragon",and 'clumping cultivar' stalks this year though.
I`m hopeing to get some finer toothed dentatates then the clump I already have.:)

Genrally speaking, if I know my VFT's have gone through a dormancy and have been kept outside - I let them flower. I know they have maximum energy and rest. If not, I'd cut the flower scape.

Back