What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To flower or not to flower?

I say it's worth the experiance. I must have 80 baby 1 year olds. Their so cute at that age. They just grow so slowly.

The mini vft that flowered for me last season sadly did not make seeds since it was the only flowering plant at that time. The flower was cool looking though, it had an extra of everything, like an extra petal.... ect...

Hmmm...so you were unable to self fertilize it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nflytrap @ Mar. 22 2005,6:14)]Hmmm...so you were unable to self fertilize it?
lol no, i'm saying that it's still a very teeny flower stalk with no flowers as of yet ;)

vft_flowerstalk.jpg

^ itty bitty flower bud
biggrin.gif

I clipped one flower of the larger(oops, should have been other way around) plant. I'll let the other flower and maybe try selfing it. BTw, mine and yours are at the same stage. Maybe we could try exchanging pollen?

I have at least 9 stalks going up. After a small success with seeds last year, I think I'm going to try planting more seeds this year. I realized seeds sitting in my fridge aren't doing any good.

If you don't want it to keep sprouting stalks; let them grow a couple of inches before cutting them off; leave about a half inch exposed after cutting.

Back