Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To flower or not to flower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i already cut one flower stalk off my dente plant and now both of the little buggers are putting up stalks. i'm definitely cutting the stalk off the hardier dente trap (i like it the way it is!!!) but now i'm toying with the idea of letting the typical flower to see if i can get some seeds. i'm fairly confident there's a few plants in that pot, i'm just waiting til they go dormant in the fall to separate them. is it worth experimenting, or should i count my blessings at having them live this long and chop the thing off again?
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i healthy plant will make seeds and get over it.

i hate it when people say if you let them flower they will die; if that's true then there would be no vft's.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, Heather! (Always wanted to say that) Is the plant that you are hoping to experiment with, one that has experienced a dormancy period this past Winter. Also, do you plan to keep it outside, now that Winter is finally biting the dust? If yes to both, I would wholeheartedly say "go for it". Otherwise, it's a little more risky. Dormancy gibes them rest. Direct sunlight gives then maximum energy. Predicting, when things are lest than the best, is chancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am leting a couple of mine flower after dormancy and it seems that on one the traps are all dying off. The other seems okay though. Odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let them flower, they'll grow great as long as they are healthy. If you feed them lots of bugs while flowering you won't even notice any growth differences.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And after they flower they usualy split into several plants I`m letting my 'dentate traps' and 'akai ryu' flower this year. I`m not letting my typicals "green dragon" or "clumping" blossom this year but if they flower again when they go outside I will.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 of my typicals(likely same clone) appears to be putting up a flower stalk. Woujld it be worthwhile trying to get seed? The plants are very nice looking and have put out the largest traps I've seen yet.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast