What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What insects should you not feed to vfts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HVFT @ May 29 2005,6:35)]appaently these people, at least the ones in Tennessee will eat squirrels
My mom used to make squirrel gravy. It was so freakin tasty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lord Humungus @ May 30 2005,5:20)]Too late, you just did. Is it just me, or is the movie anyone elses all time favorite?
smile_m_32.gif
Um...I'm more the Mel Brooks / Monty Python / Woody Allen type. You're creeping me out, dude!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Reckon I won't mention Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Prime cut, either.

What was this topic about again?

what not to feed VFTs. but know i think it is more of what people shouldn't be eating. i just found a monster huge spider!

I was just looking at my VFT. I think I heard it squeal. He's got a real pretty mouth (trap).
smile_k_ani_32.gif

HVFT, you gonna share that spider with me?

that depends. do you have a trap bigger than a credit card?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HVFT @ May 28 2005,7:17)]we have an ant problem but the big ones make my VFT rot and the little ones won't trip the trigger
I think sundews or butterworts would be happy eating those ants.

My brother and his wife had an ant problem for a long time and the ant traps and poisons just weren't getting rid of them. And then they tried sprinkling cinnamon on the ant trails, and the ants promptly abandoned the trails.
I don't know if this would work for all species of ant, or just that particular one, but it worked like a charm.

On an unrelated note, in my ill-spent youth, I was briefly forced into the boy scouts, and they took me camping, where we had to hunt and fish in order to eat, and I discovered that squirrel stew is actually pretty good.

thanks cockroach. i'll try that. and maybe in the eent that i have no other option i will try squirrel stew

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what not to feed VFTs. but know i think it is more of what people shouldn't be eating. i just found a monster huge spider!
....?

Hey jimscotscoot.. two words.. Final Destination.

You betcha! Mwahahaha!
laugh.gif

I watched it on TV the other day. Disturbing as hell and definitely on my favorites list.

Back