What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What insects should you not feed to vfts?

yeh, jus tryin to give an example of summin that might taste better than flies. personally i would prefer fruit salad. esp right now, it so hot here. lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 26 2005,10:45)]If flies are good enough for my sarrs and VFT's, their good enough for me! YUM!!!! (Try'em on a peanut butter sandwich!)
Crunchy or creamy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If there weren't hunters then the wolves would still be able to keep the deer population in check.

There ain't alot of wolves here in Florida. Plus, I know about the overpopulation thing from talking to actual hunters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i think it is a cuel and pointless thing, since most hunters only do it so they have a head to put on their wall.

Not all of them. Many of them do it to feed themselves and their families.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 28 2005,1:52)]There ain't alot of wolves here in Florida. Plus, I know about the overpopulation thing from talking to actual hunters.

Not all of them. Many of them do it to feed themselves and their families.
don't want to seem like a di*k lol but I'm sure hunters would make up any excuse to hunt live animals. here in Britain we are going through quite a transition, where hunting was recently banned. it caused quite an uproar from the hunters claiming it was tradition to kill.....
smile_l_32.gif

and out of curiosity where do these people live, as they have to hunt their food. do they pick their own fruits and grow their own vegetables?

I would think Alaska would be the only place without grocery stores around, although when i lived in TN there was a guy who shot and ate squirrels.

alaska has plenty of stores they just may not be accessible in winter out in the boonies.

RR85 I do feel bad when the VFTs cattch cute bugs like Pillbugs/rolliepollies and lady bugs. Other then that it's mostly fire ants so I say eat 'em all. Oh and they catch spider which I am not particularly fond of (after picking up a catus in Tx one time and finding a Black Widow on it about 1 mm from my hand. Oh Jeez I was quite scarred).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HVFT @ May 28 2005,7:03)]I would think Alaska would be the only place without grocery stores around, although when i lived in TN there was a guy who shot and ate squirrels.
hmmmmmm squirrels (like Homer does it lol)
smile_n_32.gif

Oh and I love it when the Neps are big enough to catch roaches. That makes my day. Those creatures are out to kill me. I am not kidding. I was bitten once and after that they attack every chance they get. Fortuantly there is windex adn soap. Soap to wash my body with adn windex to well I'll leave that up to your immagination. like fish in a barrel.

no seriously my friend and i were walking along a backroad and this guy with no shirt stepped out on his porch and asked us if we wanted to stay for dinner. he had a frozen squirrel in his hand and was hoblding it like a popsicle!

we have an ant problem but the big ones make my VFT rot and the little ones won't trip the trigger

Two words: Genetically altered.

You would do this to VFTS of course. Who would not like a VFT that could eat a small dog? I know I would love one.

that would be pretty cool but i would feed it possums, because i like dogs

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and out of curiosity where do these people live, as they have to hunt their food. do they pick their own fruits and grow their own vegetables?

Not all parts of this continent are suburban sprawls with everything you'll ever need in the store down the street. Many people live in highly isolated areas where they have to drive 30 miles to the nearest store. And yes, many people grow their own fruits and vegetables.

appaently these people, at least the ones in Tennessee will eat squirrels

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HVFT @ May 29 2005,6:35)]appaently these people, at least the ones in Tennessee will eat squirrels
Why am I reminded of "Granny" on Beverly Hillbillys?

Because she ate squirrells??

lol. i don't know that she did.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HVFT @ May 28 2005,5:30)]that would be pretty cool but i would feed it possums, because i like dogs
You'ld need one big tuff VFT for a opossum. Ever seen one that's been cornered? 'nuff to put the fear of God into you and shred anything that isn't steel plated. I had nightmares for a week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 29 2005,10:59)]Because she ate squirrells??
Well, she cooked them and other woodland critters. The whole scenario that HVFT described of her friends reminds me of that family. But I won't mention Deliverance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well, she cooked them and other woodland critters. The whole scenario that HVFT described of her friends reminds me of that family. But I won't mention Deliverance.
Too late, you just did. Is it just me, or is the movie anyone elses all time favorite?
smile_m_32.gif

Back