What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De ionised water safe?

• Thread starter djvapour
  • Start date
hi again guys

im having real problems buying distilled water here in the uk and im running out of rain water quick time

i have brought a bottle of de ionised water from a local garage it says for irons and batterys on the bottle

is this ok to use???
the people ive asked for distilled water have all said that this is the same stuff but i wanted to check first

It is not processed the same way as distillation, but it is quite the equivalent.

Hay, Hellz here,
Rain Water (hopefully not acid rain), Distilled, R.O., and De ionized water are all good for CP
hope this has helped,
Hellz

I use deionized water from our environmental laboratory. It is slightly more pure than distilled, because its process doesn't allow for it to be exposed to the air, as would distilled water - so my co-worker tells me.

What he said.

I go every so often to the closest gas station to buy a few litres of de-ionized water at a time for my CP. The water you described is probably the exact same thing I buy. No negative effects so far!

Back