What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are they gonna grow?

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I planted some VFT seeds on March 16th and nothing is happening.I still see the seeds ontop of the medium.Does it normally take this long to see seedlings from them?It is in a bag with water on the bottom,so I dunno what's going on.Any ideas?*Niki*
smile_o_32.gif

Did you cold stratify them?

Fresh seed does not need to be stratified but it is recommended

No I didn't
smile_h_32.gif
So will they not grow now? *Niki*
smile_h_32.gif

Leave them alone. When they are ready to sprout, they'll sprout. Fresh seed doesn't need to be stratified. I always take any seed and put it down immediately, and always get sprouts. It may take 2 months or more, but leave them alone. Leave the bag open for air circulation, and keep a sharp eye out for molds and fungus.

Thank you
smile.gif
*Niki*

I am stratifying some seeds right now, 7 to be exact. Now in 3 to 4 weeks will I be able to even see any differace in the seeds in the moss. And when they are ready to come out of the fridge, should I put all of them in one starter pot to start them? Yes I am a newbe at this. Really my sons idea, but I think it sounds kind of fun.

David

Back