What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took this picture for another topic

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
At the start of the season when I repotted everything, I put most my "exta" VFTs into this container... So far, it's looking pretty neat
junkvft.jpg

Andrew

Looks like a VFT salad! Yummy.

What kind of dressing are you going to use?

The dressing is kinda fear factor style.... lots of bugs
smile_m_32.gif

Tatsty! You gonna share the salad???

Bug, I will share my salad with you if you'd like some.
smile_m_32.gif

Would that be 'creamy bug', Lite?
smile_m_32.gif

Why not fill the pot up to the top with the potting media? It looks like your plants are in a bucket!
smile_n_32.gif

It is a bucket. LOL one of those buckets that licorice comes in. I didn't fill it to the top because... uhh... I don't know. haha I'm kinda glad i didn't. It looks really neat like this. I think because it is low in the container, i could actually take this anywhere and there would be plenty of relative humidity to keep them happy...

I did something similar to this by placing a vft in a quart mason jar and filling it up halfway with LFS last year, and the plants that were in it do not even slow growth for dormancy even though the jar was outside all winter long and froze solid several times.

hmm... I wonder if VFT's are edible... anyone tried them or know?
I know moth orchids, dandelions, roses, etc. are.

LOL, this has turned out to be a prety strange topic. haha ...thanks jimscott
smile_n_32.gif

Should you eat them with or without bugs in there traps. Could be high in protien.
mad.gif

I wish someone would make a small diameter tall pot; as VFT'S have a long root system; that would be great!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Suggested retail:
2oz with dropper - $44
4oz with dropper - $85
8oz w/o dropper - $166
That is alot of money for some fly juice.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Goldslinger @ May 28 2005,9:26)]I wish someone would make a small diameter tall pot; as VFT'S have a long root system; that would be great!
Realy? I have transplanted alot of VFTs and never saw one with what I would call "a long root system"

I agree with Adnedarn. While I've only transplanted once I was extremely surprised by how little roots they had!

rhi.jpg

Nflytrap, do you have any other angles on that plant? I've never seen the root system before. I thought it was more like a bulb. That was a interesting photo.
smile.gif

Sorry-I didn't take any other photos. It apparently is a rhizome. I too thought it would look like a bulb of sorts based on that it seemed that each plant had only one growing point.

I'm curious if anyone has any photos of large plants bare root. I won't be repotting mine in a long time thats for sure.

Back