What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pink venus

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Howdy everyone. I've only got 4 different cultivars of VFT but it seems like my Pink Venus acts a bit differently. My Green Dragon, Dentate, and Typical all act the same as one another, but the Pink Venus seems considerably more sensitive. It could just be because mine is fairly young, but I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this. I have VFTS of tge other cultivars I listed that are making the same size traps but still aren't as sensitive as the Pink Venus ones. Anyone else noticing this?

What do you mean by "more sensitive"? Does it cry a lot when scolded? Be a bit more specific about the phrase "acts a bit differently".

Ah, I left out a line I thought I'd included, woops!
smile_n_32.gif
Anyhoo, what I meant was that the traps on mine require a much smaller stimulus to close than in the other VFT cultivars. For instance, when I'm waterning, if even a couple drops get sprayed on a trap, they'll close. Dunno, no evidence that's too objective, just and overservation I've made. Does that clarify things enough for now? I can post some pics or let you guys know the sizes of the traps if it's irregular, but that's what I asked to find out.

i dunno bout that, but i once had 4 nice, pink venuses and suddenly, all four died.
See my thread "Dormancy or death" if u wanna know more. (VFT forum)

Where did you get your Pink VFT's. Does anyone know a good website that has more than just two or three cultivars?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Where did you get your Pink VFT's. Does anyone know a good website that has more than just two or three cultivars?

I've oft wondered where people get their other VFT cultivars. I only managed to get my grubby hands on this beauty at last year's NASC auction.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lord Humungus @ June 12 2005,2:28)]Does anyone know a good website that has more than just two or three cultivars?
You can get some leads for places to contact from the CP Photo Finder
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Dionaea.html
For example, there are links to photos of "Pink Venus" at 14 different locations.

A Google search of dionaea "Pink Venus" brings up 151 links. I suspect that some of those might prove to be productive.

Back