Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first post on this forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowl or tank, where would it get O2 in a bog? Some where in N. Carolina? They get CO2 from the air and expell O2 in to the air.
    I'm still living off the corpse of the old world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok good,I didnt wanna have to replant it again. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lord Humungus @ June 24 2005,8:25)]Bowl or tank, where would it get O2 in a bog? Some where in N. Carolina? They get CO2 from the air and expell O2 in to the air.
    In the bog O2 is carried in with the water table. Just because plants make O2 does not mean they dont need O2 as well. Oxygen is created as a result of photosynthesis, but the plant cells still must metabolize the food its created just like any other cell.

In answer to the question, VFT do not like undrained containers. A sealed fishbowl would be a bad idea for a pot IMO.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Ive already replanted it 2 times this month due to it being crowded in the pot it already came in and then it got mold cause I left the lid on and it didnt get enough ventilation.Im also going on vacation soon for a week.Should I repot it? If so before or after my vacation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote: Brian you said you have your vft in a fishbowl (end quote)

I grow them in pots, set inside a low profile fishtank with the top off. It's very dry and windy here in Southern Montana. It gives them a little protection.

Quote: In answer to the question, VFT do not like undrained containers. A sealed fishbowl would be a bad idea for a pot IMO (end quote)

I think an undrained container isn't a good idea for any species. A "mini-bog" isn't really a bog at all. It's just a container full of mucky, stagnant peatmoss.

I also think it's best to top water once and awhile to flush out minerals and built up by-products.

Brian

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a topic about the pros & cons of top and bottom watering. Among the comments were that top watering does flush out metallic salts, but can also mat down the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as for lights its sitting about 6-7 inches away from 4, 32 watt, 4foot flourecents along side my Drosera. i would put it in a south window but the only one availible is here at work in the front and lil kids would constantly be playing with it. if i had more than one VFT that wouldnt bug me but sunce its my only one so its staying at home.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So should I repot it again or not? It just barely recovered from the last repotting and Im thinking if I do it again its gonna make it all retarted.What do you guys think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast