Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first post on this forum

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you kill it from repotting, or it dies from root rot, its just as dead. Only difference is that its more likely to die from root rot than potting stress. Id go ahead and repot it asap. Try and get as much media around the rootball as possible when you do it. That will help keep any stress to a minimum.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In the bog O2 is carried in with the water table.
    A bog is by definition a water logged peice of ground. I dout there is much ground water moving around under one. As for undrained pots, don't keep them to wet and the plant will be fine.
    I'm still living off the corpse of the old world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]A "mini-bog" isn't really a bog at all. It's just a container full of mucky, stagnant peatmoss.
    That is exactly what a bog is...

Bogs are like bowls full of peat and water. They tend to be self-contained wetlands whose sole source of water is rainfall. Bogs typically develop in shallow low lying areas over layers of bedrock. Because rainwater can provide only limited nutrients, bogs are the most nutrient-poor type of wetland.

Fens are connected to small streams or lakeshores and may also receive water from surrounding uplands. Unlike in bogs, water slowly moves through a fen. Importantly, because fens have an outside supply of nutrient-enriched water they are able to support lusher vegetation and a greater variety of wildlife than can bogs. Nevertheless, fens are still relatively nutrient-low habitats compared to most other types of wetlands. Fens, contain an abundance of sedges, rushes and grasses.

Quote[/b] ]In the bog O2 is carried in with the water table.
    In a bog there is no O2 in the water. The lack of 02 is what stops decomposition from happening. And that is why the peat accumulates.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think Im gonna repot it this time in a plastic pot. Thank you all for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh one more thing,does anyone know if Home Depot carries LFS and Perlite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although you get alot of different opinions, this is the best place I've seen for help. Just remember, distiled or rain water is the most important and keep researching. Read all of these forums and you'll do fine.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Big Mouth @ June 27 2005,11:08)]Oh one more thing,does anyone know if Home Depot carries LFS and Perlite?
    They have sphagnum and perlite.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123