What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traps closed

First of all let me say that I'm new here--and surprised by the extent of this site....
Anyway, my question is---My flytrap has grown a good bit since I bought it and has been doing well, but, I woke up this morning and now all but one of the traps are closed. The one that is still open is the oldest trap. The plant caught itself a bug about two days ago. I noticed one trap closed yesterday, didn't really think too much of that, but now that they're all closed, seems fishy. Is this normal, or is something wrong?
The soil is moist and it's in a terrarium--no one would have been "playing" with the traps.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Is your flytrap grown outside? If it is you may have just had a bug trigger the traps and some how still escape.

I hate it when they do that. I think the spiders that hide in my VFTs are the ones that trigger all the traps. Evil little buggers aren't they?

Back