What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft's as of august

A continuation

"Green Dragon" Fearless plant that could take any sort of weather that is thrown at it. Hardiest VFT I have for my climate and propogates really fast.
DSC02182.jpg

"Dirk Ventham's Giant" Another advantage to VFTs being grown In full exposure is that the plants catch much more prey than they would in the confined spaces of the greenhouse.
DSC02183.jpg

"Dingley Giant" I also repotted this guy during the cool weather. This plant is probably my best feeder. Flies seem to go for this plant the most. I'm surprised how this plant copes so well under full exposure. The first trap sent out had its cilia tangled due to stress from the change, but the latest trap has developed perfectly with straight healthy cilia.
DSC02184.jpg

The last thing I have to share. My Drosophyllum being grown in my backyard the whole summer on the concrete patio.
DSC02186.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys.

you cant embed photos here from the CPUK site.
you have to simply provide the link, which we can then click on to see your pics, like this:

http://www.cpukforum.co.uk/uploader/user_uploads/DSC02182.jpg

Scot

edit- wow, that doesnt work either!
let me try one of mine:

http://www.cpukforum.co.uk/uploade....P06.jpg

ok, mine works..

uglypho,
did you upload your photos under your username at CPUK?
your pics have a different URL type than mine..
make sure you are uploading under your "account"..
thats the only problem I can see..

or..maybe those photos no longer exist?
did you delete or move them?

Scot

Hmmmm. Scott is correct. CPUK does not allow active linking to images on their site, but they are supposed to allow passive linking as Scott says. I don't understand why passive links to Scott's photos work, while those to uglypho's do not. Uglypho's photos are there. You can copy and paste the links into the browser window and it works just fine.

EDIT: Oops, now Scott's link does not work. I will check with andycpuk about the problem.

I'll change hosting once my original hoster gets its problems straight. Bobz just hold on and those photos will be hosted by my original host then you could add them to your photo gallery.

Here is the green dragon which should show for uglypho in original post(assuming this works)  
green%20dragon.jpg

Uglypho's Kirk Venthams Giant

dirk%20venthams%20giant.jpg

Should I post the rest?

Wow hey thanks curingguy. I just uploaded the photos onto another server but hey you saved my the time. I'm callling whoever is hosting my photos about the problem. If you guys noticed my site below the sig is down.

Perty plants!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (uglypho @ Aug. 18 2005,1:35)]Bobz just hold on and those photos will be hosted by my original host then you could add them to your photo gallery.
Not a problem. Links to the CPUK upload site work just fine in my Photo Finder.

Back