What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cottonwood trees -- RANT

Fryster

--Freedom Czar--
My rant:

I hate Cottonwood trees‼ :rant: :rant: Specifically female Cottonwood trees, they’re the ones that produce the “cotton”.

I hate it when the heat causes their pods to burst and pollute the air with their tiny, hairy, sticky cotton balls. Those things get everywhere‼ They stick to your clothing, get into your car, make your eyes run and make you sneeze, sneeze, sneeze‼

I wish they would not grow them in city limits. I’d like to see the three giant ones growing in my neighborhood removed. I like trees as much as the next guy but I really cannot stand the sight of Cottonwood.

Anyone else dislike these annoying trees? :censor:

Anyone else dislike these annoying trees? :censor:

No, because we don't have them here (that I know of), but I can see why you would be so annoyed. I'm sorry you're having problems with this :(

Oh yeah, we have a lot of them around here..
but thankfully not close to our house..

They are beautiful trees! gigantic..
but not so nice for a few weeks this time of year..
they literally cover the ground with their white cotton seed puffs..
it looks like snow!
and then they sprout billions of little cottonwood trees..

When my wife and I were house-hunting, we actually watched out for cottonwood trees..
We would probably reject a house if there was a stand of cottonwoods directly up-wind from the house..they would be a nightmare for gardeners..

hang in there Fryster!
it should all be over in another week or so..

Scot

Awwwweee... come on now! The Cottonwood Tree is the state tree of Kansas! I love the floating cotton. As Scot said, they are beautiful and massive. Most of the baby cottonwoods get ate by deer, squirrels, and rabbits.

xvart.

Awwwweee... come on now! The Cottonwood Tree is the state tree of Kansas!

Then I'm thinking there may be some very annoyed people in Kansas right now :poke:

Then I'm thinking there may be some very annoyed people in Kansas right now :poke:

We just have a finer appreciation for life and beauty in Kansas... :-))

xvart.

I don't mind them but you should see my sundews right now. They're covered in white fluff.

I don't mind them but you should see my sundews right now. They're covered in white fluff.

EXACTLY.

They even "attack" little innocent sundews..........

Will the insanity never end?? ;)

Awwwweee... come on now! The Cottonwood Tree is the state tree of Kansas!

I wonder if the citizens actually voted on it? ;)

Here in Michigan, the state tree is a pine tree. WOOPTIDOO......

White Pine, specifically. Good for stepping on pine-cones with bare feet and dripping sap on your freshly washed auto.
62frustrated.gif

i hate cottonwood trees too. my dews are covered in it as well.
UHG
drives my allergies nuts
and you wake up, look out your window, and at first your like, wtf?! is it snowing?!
uhg.
its sooooo annoying ._.

Back