What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crinkled, yellow Sarrs

• Thread starter nimbus
  • Start date
Hi all

These flavas were given to me last year along with several other Sarrs. All of them look normal this year except for these. They never quite opened and are crumpled looking, yellowish, and the tips are browned.

Any ideas what might be causing this? They are outdoors (I live in the San Francisco Bay Area) and are in direct sunlight for the majority of the day.

533306281_c88b53ba23.jpg

533306287_c93647abcc.jpg

Gah, can't figure out how to post the pics in the thread itself. Sorry.

Did you have a spell of hot, sunny days, recently?

I'm not familiar with your hosting site, but what I would try is right clicking on the image itself and click on Properties. In the box that appears, right click on the URL and and highlight (select). Right clcik on the URL again and click Copy. Then click okay. That copies the image. Then, in the message box, click the icon above that is for Insert Image (the yellow one to the right of the blue one, for inserting the URL) then right clcik in the box that appears and Paste. That should produce the picture.

Hmmm...that's what I did.??? Link works, anyway.

Not really, this has been going on for a couple of months, right when everything started growing back after winter. Everyone else looks fine. Don't see any evidence of pests, either.

To me, it looks like a moderate case of thrip damage, but you say there are no pests. It's not the best picture, and I can't really tell if it's wilted or not, but if it is then I'd say root rot. Is that mildew on the media?

I don't know.... Photobucket makes it real easy. Maybe a real computer person can figure it out!

Definiitely could be pest damage. But if you were seeing something crawling all over your plants then I suppose you'd have mentioned that. hehe

As for the foliage itself, do the opened pitchers feel firm (like they should) or sort of floppy? If they're feeling floppy or having a hard time standing up on their own AND there's no pests then there's something giong on in the media. Check the media for critters and to ensure that the roots are intact.

Also, what's the watering situation like? Have they been either particularly dry or wet?

Edit: BTW, I think that the forum doesn't like the link you've given because it doesn't end with a file format (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc...) because of the host. The forum software is recognizing that something aint right, but at least it posts the link.

That looks like a pest problem to me. Spray with insecticide.

Just remove the "?v=xxxxxxxx" on the urls before surrounding with img tags:

533306281_c88b53ba23.jpg

It could be mealybugs in the roots, difficult to get rid off.

Back