What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. fusca "Flared Peristome" nectar pigment

Never would have figured this plant would produce nectar that looks identical to N. sanguinea nectar...
only the nextar on the peristome has pigment, the rest is clear, normal nectar but ill post pics of that too haha... its a down right drooler.

NfuscaFlaredPeristomenectar001.jpg

NfuscaFlaredPeristomenectar008.jpg

NfuscaFlaredPeristomenectar012.jpg

NfuscaFlaredPeristomenectar009.jpg

NfuscaFlaredPeristomenectar007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, I noticed that too. It pools in the bottom curve of the peristome for me. I wonder if pigmented nectar has any appreciable differences in flavor to colorless nectar. I haven't ventured to try it yet.

lol me either Mr. Truncata, ive tried it on sanguinea, but havent gone that far with fusca yet...
though with the amount of bugs they have been catching for being in the garage, i dont quite know if i really want to...lol

Yeah, I've been a bit leary of trying nectar ever since an experience with my N. Truncata. My whole mouth was numb for a few minutes. Don't let that stop you though.

Back