What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Petiolaris Land...

Thought I'd share a photo of some of the petiolaris I grow.
I think the first pic is more artistic but the 2nd pic shows more...

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

And Paradoxa Land...

paradoxa.jpg

Nice pics, and nice setup. Where are they growing? It looks like a terrarium of some sort. Nice collection!

Very nice! I'd love to see a wider shot :)

Beautiful! What are your conditions and how do you maintain them?

WoW!!! Bravo!!!!!! Just like fascinating coral reefs and sea anemones on the bottom of the sea.
BTW,members of the petiolaris-complex are my favourite dews.

Oh my god ! I wish I can have that much ! You really lucky ! thank for sharing !

Hot. Damn.

That's definitely the best petiolaris setup I've ever seen. I'd be grateful if you also posted photos of the system you use for them. Or do you live in a climate where they thrive in available conditions?

Jason

That'd be one hell of a maze.. o.o

Are they not in individual pots? Hold the camera a little further away and they should be a little more crisp.

Awesome view! More like "Petiolaris Jungle".

That's fantastic! It's so colourful! hehe, very cool. :)

WoW! I have never seen petiolaris species growing together in such beautiful set-up! How do you manage temperatures and humidity if some go dormant and some of them keep growing? Or do they go dormant at the same time? (that would be too convenient heh) :) Just beautiful (drool)

Holy bajesus! That's just absolutely stunning! I, too, am curious of where your grow them. A terrarium or big tubberware tray?

*eyes pop out of head*

Woah!!! How many do you have there?!!

Wow, stunning photos!!!
Like several others have commented, I would like more info on your growing set-up. Whatever you are doing keep it up....

Thanks for sharing.

davy -- definitely a tank. I have had better experiences with tank than with individual pots for these things. Maybe they just like to hold each other's hands, overcrowding and spilling out of the tank.

adnedarn -- let's see if I can upload one of those when the weekend comes around and I can get at the camera again.

yellowdart -- keep it as hot as possible, I actually tried to keep the light lower and almost covering the top of the tank so that it's like a sealed sauna inside.

cephliebahaber -- now that you mention it, these plants do look like sea anemony.... That's fascinating...

traminh -- do your local nurseries sell them? I don't think it should be too hard to find, right?

drwurm -- I'll see what I can do in the week end comes around and I have my hands back on the camera.

halt -- they hardly catch anything! They're quite inefficient compared to my neps!!

jimscott -- I thought about that, but I wanted to try and make it look like there was an endless field of them so I went in as close as I could and then took a step back as far as I could without revealing the walls of the tank :)

jrfxtreme -- the paradoxa yes, the other one, not quite there yet...

klasac -- dormancy is something that I have not tried to work through yet. I grow these the same way I grow Venus fly traps. I'd try and make sure they divide and split before they go dormant so even if I lose the parent, I will keep offsets. I've never actually managed to get a falconeri out of dormancy yet.

capensis -- tank, for the win!

petmantis -- not enough! Used to have a lot more, but I got lazy so I started giving some away.

ellison -- let's try and post a few photos that I have for now. The weekend will have to wait for the rest.

Sea anemone photos:
http://darcywriter.com/images/Sea_Anemone.JPG
http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/sea anemone bed.jpg
http://darcywriter.com/images/Aquarium_Purple.JPG
http://www.alisonmorgan.co.uk/anemone.jpg

They really do bear a resemblance don't they?
A few more pictures:

obscene looking thing:
IMG_7990.jpg

More obscene looking thing:
IMG_7991.jpg

obscene looking thing living next to the stem forming paradoxa... (its not a hybrid, there really is a stem forming paradoxa)
IMG_7992.jpg

Anything besides live LFS in there?

Hi,
Acturlly CPs are new in my country ! grower in viet nam started to grow last year ! so find drosera are really hard !

Thanx for the reply,,,,i am getting d. falconeri soon and your comment did not encourage me much;-) Well I know falco is kind of hard to get through the dormancy but will see what i can do (hopefully something else then just killing it;-) Great pictures BTW!!! Really beautiful plants.

Back