What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming to Southern California.

Hello all,

I will be in the southern California (LA and San Diego) from about 26th – 30th. I would love to see a few CP collections while I’m there. If anyone living in that area would be interested in getting together to showing off their collection please let me know. I will be leaving Friday the 23rd and I will not have internet access after that. I don’t know exact dates of where I will be where but let me know what works for you and we can see what works out.

Thanks for your help.
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah -

I would join the Yahoo Group for the LACPS and post your travel plans there. I'm sure somebody with a worthy CP collection would be glad to show you their collections.

Warren

Last edited:
Too bad you are not comming to the Bay Area.. Some of the finest CP collections in the country can be found here.

There's the nursery at California Carnivores, the collections at UC Davis, and CSU Homboldt. Private collections would be Bugweed's, Phil's and a host of others.

Southern California has the collections at CSU Fullerton although I believe much of it is now at the greenhouses at the Huntington Botanical Gardens and not open to the public. The public areas of the Gardens has a bog with VFTs, Drosera and Sarracenia.

Private collections - Ed Read, Forbes Conrad, Art North, Peter Lin (pingman) and Ivan Snyder probably all have impressive collections. The best place to contact them is probably the LACPS yahoo group or through the ICPS.

There's the nursery at California Carnivores, the collections at UC Davis, and CSU Homboldt.

UC Davis and CSU Hombolt are not really "Bay Area". Davis is near Sacramento and Hombolt is almost to the Oregon border.

Back